Once again, DART will be headed to Hisega Adventure Lodge in the Black Hills of South Dakota for two training tours in July-August of 2023!
July 24-28, 2023: Beyond Basics
Our goal is to provide a fully immersive, off-road motorcycle training/tour experience for riders who are ready to take big bikes off the beaten path. Participants will gain skills to leave the pavement and take the road less traveled with confidence.
Getting your big beast into the great unknown can be a daunting task, but with professional guidance, you’ll gain the necessary tools for success. The D.A.R.T. immersion tour and off-road motorcycle training is designed for riders with riding experience but not a lot of years of off-pavement riding on an Adventure-style “big” bike.
Beyond the Basics training will focus on balance and control; rather than using muscle and speed to get safely through the rough. Our building-block exercises will help you become comfortable with body position, slow-speed maneuvering, line selection, climbing, descending, braking and more, in an off-road environment. First, we will work on off-road motorcycle drills and skill development in a controlled environment. Then, your experience will extend to actual obstacles on real trails.
Each off-road motorcycle training/tour session is a 4-night/3-day all-inclusive program. In addition to gourmet meals at the historic Hisega Lodge, your days will be filled with riding, training and camaraderie. You, along with like-minded riders, will be lucky enough to explore the best-kept secrets of the Black Hills.
A chase vehicle will join us at stops, providing trailside snacks, lunch and additional support as needed.
Exact routing and training elements are subject to change with conditions.
Bill Dragoo (D.A.R.T.) is a BMW-certified instructor. Bill has designed his training around “building-block” exercises that bolster confidence and skill as you progress from one to another. He is undoubtedly dedicated to the training of new and experienced riders alike.
This ride is for you if:
- You have not taken formal adventure motorcycle training but have dabbled off road
- You ride mostly gravel or pavement
- You’re looking to build a technically sound off road skills base
- You’re looking to complete your first BDR, BDR-X, multi-day off pavement tour or adventure a little further off the gravel.
Terrain to Expect:
- Gravel and dirt roads
- Intermittent rocky up and down hills
- Steep climbs and descents
- Small stream crossings (depending on conditions)
- Small rocky ledges
July 29-August 2, 2023: Advanced
Our goal for the advanced session is to provide a fully immersive training and tour experience for those who are ready for the next challenge. Riders will gain the confidence and skill to go even farther down the road less traveled!
Our big bike-oriented Next Level Adventure Bike training will help you go deeper into the back country and to ride more confidently with almost any group. This session is designed for riders with off-pavement experience or who have completed a D.A.R.T. Levels 1 and 2 class (beginner to intermediate) or equivalent, and can confidently perform those skills in a wild environment.
In your advanced training and tour, we will focus on increasing your speed through advanced braking, cornering and line selection, overcoming technical obstacles and some single-track. Adventure motorcycles are more capable than many riders realize. This tour will help you achieve a greater appreciation for what your machine can do and equip you with the skills to make it all happen at a faster pace.
This tour is for you if:
- You can confidently make small-radius turns on your motorcycle while standing
- You can ride short rock gardens with “baby head” -sized rocks
- You can self-recover your motorcycle off a steep climb
- You have taken an Adventure Motorcycle basics course and can confidently perform those skills learned
Terrain to Expect:
- Faster-paced gravel and dirt trail riding
- Steep, sustained rocky climbs and descents
- 8-12″ Ledges
- Short Creek crossings (depending on year)
Ready to sign up? Register here: https://hisegaadventurelodge.com/tour-item/dart-training-advanced-july-29-august-2
Questions? Contact Bill Dragoo at email@example.com or (405) 830-6630.