We survey every client and use the feedback to assure we continually improve. And, we consistently receive the highest possible satisfaction scores.
Here are client comments from recent classes:
– Great Adventure Riding Training. Bill and his team are the best and his D.A.R.T. Level 1/2 and Level 3 training exceeded my expectations! If you have been on the fence about taking his training don’t wait
– I found the afternoon of ‘GS Trophy’ prep to be very helpful/valuable for my overall skill development and a huge confidence builder.
– It is not everyday you get to meet a person like Bill Dragoo. He is a fascinating person with incredible credentials and histories behind them. I had the unfortunate situation of not being able to attend one of his regular classes and had to schedule a private class instead. That, actually, turned out to be a very fortunate situation indeed.
The 2 days of training I have spent with Bill have been a joy, from a personal level, and invaluable on a skill improvement level. His full dedicated attention was definitely a nice to have but also extremely hard physically.
The class is just what I needed. I used to ride a long time ago and I am getting back into it. In the two class days, I believe I have been able to improve my skills more than in years of riding. Bill was always giving tips and recommendations on how to improve the exercises… and he pushed me enough to make the class, not only fun, but also challenging.
I will definitely take more DART courses so I can continue increasing my skills in the activity we all love.
Thank you Bill for sharing your wisdom with the world.
Levels 1-2 (Basic/Intermediate)
– The best motorcycle instruction I have had.
– Wow, such a great course and an amazing overall experience. The instruction was hands on and professional, I appreciated the ongoing direct feedback that helped me stretch out of my comfort zone and improve throughout each day of the course. The progression of exercises and the skills covered were planned out very well, building on each other in a way that made sense and built confidence. I have taken other off-road courses, but the Dragoo DART course was by far the best – the ongoing feedback that I received was so much more helpful and effective than the more hands off method of other schools where a demo of an exercise is shown and you’re told to repeat it with little feedback on what you’re doing wrong or how to improve. By the end of the Level 1/2 course I had gained much more confidence in my braking skills, slow speed maneuvering, etc. I definitely plan to come back to take additional courses at DART with Bill, Susan and Ben Dragoo and their excellent team of instructors, and I would highly recommend DART to riders of all skill levels.
– Excellent training. I wanted a course to increase my handling of bike in off-road situations. The clutch and balance skills have increased my abilities, and therefore my confidence to tackle many more trails. The instructors did an exemplary job of teaching, and positively correcting my errors. I never felt the least bit bothered by how I was being corrected. The class and instruction were great. Will practice and refine my new skills and be back for level 3 training. I wouldn’t recommend changing a thing. Great job. Thanks.
– I am unable to find even one suggestion for improvement. Everything from pre-communications to the training was top notch. Thank you very much.
– I had a great time, and felt like not only did I learn a lot, but I received a lot of value for my money. I can’t wait to come back and spend the full 5 days with the Dragoo team to refresh my L1/2 skills and experience shop day & levels 3 & 4. Great instructors and good people having fun while getting better – what more can you say? Thanks Bill & Team!
– Great class, great instructors. Will definitely recommend to my friends.
– Bill Dragoo has polished his ADV motorcycle teaching techniques to a fine art. Very easy to understand and to the point, instructors demonstrate all exercises prior to letting us attempt, very direct with no extra fluff. DART has to be the very best motorcycle training course I have ever attended, at any price. Kudos to Bill, Susan and staff. I will return for LEVEL 3
– Tomorrow we are heading out for 5 days on the NBDR. I am excited and only a bit nervous because of this class. I am confident that my class experience has provided me the skills to handle the trail and, more importantly, to have fun. The instructors were amazing. They were supportive, encouraging and helped me to push my boundaries. Thank you so much!
– My only regret is that I took so long to take your course! Well, not my only one. Now I have to tell the Mrs. I “need” to buy a GS to go with my 701 🙂 I thoroughly enjoyed the training and the instructors, and felt as though I learned a tremendous amount and also conquered some fears (especially about how to fail properly on a hill). Thank you and I look forward to Level 3!
– It is obvious that you guys do not simply rest on your successes, but that you keep pushing to improve both the curriculum and the venues. I appreciate that.
– Great program; infinitely practical for adventure riding. It forces one to attempt skills that one might be hesitant to explore without expert assistance and encouragement.
– You guys Rock (and sand)!! My second time to take the class and the instruction, instructors, location, service, communication, photography, etc was top notch. I’ll recommend your classes to anyone I know that has a desire to ride offroad. Thank you for the opportunity to participate and I’ll see you again.
– I will recommend this course to any and all riders I can get to listen. My confidence and skill levels are a direct result of the training.
– My biggest regret is that I didn’t take these classes right when I bought my first adventure bike…I’d be so much further ahead in skill than I am now reading and watching videos. Outstanding mix of explanations, practice and feedback. Really opened my eyes to my limited mastery of fundamentals at slow speed. Speed can hide a lot of technical weakness. I’ll be back again and again!
– I’ve nothing but laudatory words for this class. Thoroughly enjoyed myself, spills and mud slides notwithstanding. The enthusiasm behind and quality of teaching were quite evident. Thanks for this not to be missed opportunity.
– Amazing!!! I learned so much and cannot wait to try my new skills on a BDR or The Continental Divide Trail. This class in a must! Excellent instructors.
Level 3 (Advanced – Rocks and Sand)
– Another excellent class. Very much appreciate being able to put the fundamentals from the L1/2 to work in the L3/4 class with the dynamic and practical conditions. That closes the loop perfectly. Would prefer a bit more escalating complexity in the rocks, although I understand that comes at the risk of damaging (bike and or rider).
I found it particularly helpful to hear the metric of success in sand redefined from almost all the other areas — It’s not if you fall, it’s when. The better riders just fall less. That’s very helpful to hear because it frames the situation more realistically. It’s that worry about falling precipitating the poor reflexes that themselves lead to a fall. Negative feedback loop.
I don’t know who plans the breaks, but whoever picks the time and duration does a pretty solid job of hitting the mark. There was a couple times I was mentally still in the game but physically gassed to the point of being just a soup sandwich. 5-10 minutes to bring it down was great.
– Great class! Great Instructors! Great Time!
– I had a total of 7 miles on my TW. I was starting from square one. I had never stood on my pegs! Despite being probably the least experienced in the class, I always felt respected, supported and welcomed – by the staff and the other class members. By the end of the two days, I was standing comfortably; I had conquered Quadzilla; I had fallen in the mud; and I had laughed a lot. Thank you for opening a whole new adventure world to me!
– I can not say enough good things about this class, I had quite a bit of experience in riding rocks and some experience in deep sand on mostly smaller bikes but this class made me feel so much more confident and really made me refine my technique. Zeke pushed me to keep making it more challenging by slowing down, really think about my lines, dance around on the bike, and basically master the machine. I still have many areas of improvement but I cannot wait to challenge myself on my upcoming rides using the techniques I learned. Before I would kind of dread the rocky climbs and would power through and hope everything went well, I now look forward to changing how I approach the technical terrains. Thank you so much!
– In that there are not any further courses to take, I’ll commence planning to join DART on one of the overland trips that are available. Our time always seem to pass too quickly and I very much value the friendships that we are able to share with Bill, Susan, Jake, Ben, Zeke, Chris, Charlie and Todd.
– I thought Shop Day was very helpful. We touched on a few key things I was nervous about and it reminded me I need to slow down and think about what I’m doing. “Assess the situation” is great advice on all levels. I think I walked away with a little more confidence I could get myself out of jam, but must have the right tools on the bike.
– For me, hearing the battle stories of what went wrong and how you got yourself out of it is a great part of the learning process and something that sticks with you.
– Shop day was a total winner for me. The task I set out for myself was fairly simple but I had a list of questions that Chris Young, Ben, Jake, and Zeke were able to answer very capably.
– Shop Day was awesome. As I mentioned at the beginning of the class, I was looking to have a better understanding of my TW and be able to handle some of the maintenance. Mission accomplished! It was also wonderful to spend time together and be able to ask questions of the many experts.